Thursday, January 27, 2011

Holy Hardware!

So the first of our children has started down the braces highway. Having been fortunate enough never to have required the things myself, we are in completely new, and expensive, territory. The Orthodontist told us that Morrigan would need a palate expander in order to correct her cross bite prior to braces. She swore it didn't hurt. I think anything expanding what I normally think of as a fixed area has to involve some pain. Seeing as we had no choice either way, we had the thing installed Wednesday.

I was not prepared for this:


which, as far as I can tell, is straight out of the office of Orin Scrivello, DDS. I have to crank the draconian looking thing nightly. Good lord I am not happy about it at all.

I guess the good news I am off to Key West in the morning so the unenviable task of being crankmaster falls on my parents. Full reports on all fronts when I return.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, she did swear that, didn't she? Megan believed her, too, and was she ever pissed. Fuller disclosure might be along the lines of "There may well be some discomfort in the first few days."

    ReplyDelete