Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions?

When we were at the New Year's Eve bouncy ball drop downtown, I overheard a local reporter asking people about their resolutions. As of that moment, I had none. So after a little thought, I've come up with a few, largely unoriginal, goals for the year....

1) As I am turning 40 at the end of this year, be in the best shape of my life. As an aside, I spent pretty much all of my years from 1-35 pretty sedentary and skirting exercise so this goal really isn't as lofty as it seems.

2) Keep in touch with the people in my life more. My brother made me think of this one. Over the last decade, he was largely responsible for any calls between us. It's not that I don't care, I just get distracted. All it really took was one evening long conversation that drifted from politics all the way to assless, glowing swimsuits to make me realize we really need to talk a little more often and some of those calls need to be on me. And that maybe I need to do some more maintenance on my other relationships as well.

3) Clean out closets, drawers, etc. etc. Must not lose the battle with clutter.

4) Be as ignorant about pop culture as humanly possible - unless there are vampires or zombies involved.

5) And lastly, never check-raise on the flop with a come hand when the board is paired.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I just now realized we forgot ALL about the ball drop. All that chaos, all that bouncy-ball plastic off-gassing... and us doing nothing at all at home. Durn.

    ReplyDelete