Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Wanna Be a Cool Mom

 Amy called me last night and said we should do something fun for the last day of school. We should be "Cool Moms." Seeing as that is really not a description my children ever ever use for me, I was at a loss for what that thing might be. Fortunately, she was prepared with not only inspiration but a solid plan as well. We would sneak a pile of water balloons (which Amy thankfully bought and filled, I owe her one) and then have some popsicles.


There was ample surprise, especially from my crew seeing as we rarely dabble in the water balloon arts,  and the kids had a blast.


Might have helped that it was Africa hot and I don't think there was a single person, including the photographer, who minded getting wet.


I'm not sure if we attained cool status but they all had enough fun that they didn't even fuss about cleaning up.


And with that, we will call it officially Summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Of course, the upside of no track record for coolness is that it makes surprises easier to engineer! Although I'm going to have to have a word with Sean, who put the girls on notice that "fun things" were planned when he was trying to coerce them into bed the night prior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had aspirations of being a cool mom too, but my kids just say that I'm a "fun sucker" Oh Well :) Have a wonderful summer!!

    ReplyDelete