Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's Almost Summer

Can I just start out with the opinion that school should totally be done after Memorial Day? My children are not doing anything it seems, other than having Water Day, End o' the Year Parties and Camp Day. And after the SOLs are done, no one cares. But Roanoke City Schools has a long history of not listening to me so I don't expect much to change.

We had a jam-packed, wall to wall fun Memorial Day weekend which kicked off with a cocktail party (no kids.) Tim was beat from a night shift the night before and bailed early. I, as evidenced in the number of teeth visible in my smile, did not.


Sooo we were a little slow out of the gate Saturday. The kids we happy to relax and play. By the time we even thought of going to opening day at the pool, it was too late and would have interfered with poker. 

But the next day, we solemnly swore, we would go. We made it out for a short dip (swearing again that Monday we would really stay for a while) before my cousin Sheri and her family dropped by for a visit.


Her husband has family in Buchanan and, seeing as they were so close, made a detour to Roanoke on their way to a white water rafting trip.

After a brief but welcome visit, we were out to cookout/cocktail party number two (with kids.) 


There were kids a plenty and another day of fine weather. And cake for Brett's 40th! We were even able to trade a few kids with friends and have sleepovers, much to the children's delight.

Monday, as promised, we did spend the live long day at the pool.


This year is shaping up to be The Best Summer Ever as even Eion is water safe - all the way to the deep end.


Not to mention, E clandestinely brought me a beer from the beer dive (I didn't participate) that a friend had sent over. Good boy buddy.


Maybe I'm not too upset there is school this week as I most definitely needed the rest. But when we hit the last day next week, I will be ready!

1 comment:

  1. Where's the "like" button for your posts?? ;)

    ReplyDelete