Friday, August 5, 2011

And Your Excuse Would Be?

I was looking back at my blog entries for this year and they are, at least compared to my historical chattiness, quite sparse. I really can't pin down the exact reason. It seems life has gotten in the way of writing, which, if we have to be honest about it, is probably a good thing. Ye olde blog doesn't exactly pay the bills (or pay at all for that matter.)

My alternate theory is that I started this whole adventure as a cheap form of therapy. Maybe, just maybe, I don't need professional (or free online) help as much these days. BUT that might be about to change as we embark on da da da DA - the kitchen remodel. Sure to test the sanity of any normal human, right?

Let's start with before.




Now I am sure many of you might look and say, really? Does it need to be redone? I've had more than a few people comment they didn't understand why we would want to change. But you see, those people weren't spending everyday with this:


Or better yet, this:


It's time for a change. So instead of blogging, I've spent the last month or so working on the new kitchen. And by working on, I mean deciding what I want while others work on said components.

Not to mention, as we committed to this project, we decided, what the hell, let's just completely jack up our lives and get the family room redone and, even better yet, all the hardwood on the first floor refinished. Some additional befores:



If we're not getting too critical about the decorating, again, not looking that horrible. But the pictures don't betray the fact that we dwell in a room of simulated wood paneling, twice painted over. If you look in the right spot, or all over the damn place, you can see both colors. See exhibit A.


We're at t-minus 15 days until the major destruction starts. We've dutifully picked granite, cabinets and the like while I'm still completely gripping on the island light. All of which will be featured in upcoming posts as I am very very sure this project is set to consume us entirely. Now if you'll excuse me, I am off in search of an island light with just the right amount of whimsy.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do. I actually thought that your kitchen looked nice - but I see what you mean when you do the close ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whimsical bubbles...

    Love the detail photos - they do reflect the reality! And with any luck at all we should be 100%
    "in" our kitchen by the time your demo starts. Beef... it's what's for dinner!

    ReplyDelete