Friday, August 26, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends - Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, I was bemoaning the fact that Morrigan refused to be bought off and indeed wanted a birthday party. The downside of a smart kid is she very quickly figured out that her friends all started giving Barnes and Noble gift cards so she could have a party AND walk away with $100 bucks to spend. Anyhoo, I was telling Kirsten how planning a party in the middle of renovations was stressing me out and I had been putting off calling the Club to set up a pool party. She then says, casually as ever, "Why don't you have it at my house?"

Being a good person, I gave her five minutes to change her mind as I would totally take her up on this offer! Personally, I think having 15 ten year olds, many of whom you don't know, over for a party that is not even for your own kid qualifies you for sainthood. Or at least being called The Best Friend Ever.


It went swimmingly. The weather was perfect, the kids all got along, and Morrigan had a great time.


Apart from feeling a wee bit awed by the fact that I have a ten year old (on Monday anyway), the party couldn't have been easier. I will have to endeavor to have all my soirees at other people's homes.



And Kirsten swears she had fun too. Let's hope so since Maggie is now convinced she should have a party there when her birthday rolls around.


No comments:

Post a Comment