Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Concert


Last night was the Holiday Concert for the girls' school. And yes, this was the best picture I could get. Stupid lighting. But anyhow, it was, as ever, an experience. Before they went there, I was used to the average school performances - the kids get up there, they sing off key, parents video as is this were Carnegie Hall. I assumed this was just the way of the world. Ah, but not so, I found out.

Standard behavior includes shouting out to your kids, by name, before, during and after the song their class is singing, regardless of whether or not said child has a solo. And if you are looking for the audience to be silent, forget it. A running commentary on whose kid is where, how well they are doing, and how great their outfit is goes on, at full volume, the entire show.

But then again, I brought the kid (cougheioncough) who was dropping stink bombs so fierce they were causing people near us to comment, "Oh my god, what is that smell?" so who the hell am I to talk.

2 comments:

  1. We had all of the above, though no E in our vicinity. However, I'd have taken intermittent blasts over the BO wafting over us from opening to finale...

    ReplyDelete