Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday?

Good grief, I have been meaning to get in here all week. First and foremost, I blame my delay on the fact that I saw the show Hoarders for the first time. It just made me cringe. Then it made me want to clean out everything I could get my hands on which was fairly well timed since a friend from college was planning to visit this week. I now have a sparkling, impeccably organized bathroom closet as well. This show is either the best or worst thing that's ever happened to me.

What else can I blame? I pulled the kids out of school early on Monday to come to the homeschoolers' PE day at the skate center. Maggie was out there the whole time.


Morrigan skated too while Eion was in the kids' habitrail the entire time. I skated with the girls and even attempted the "fast skate" song. I found out I am not very fast and nearly wiped out in grand fashion. But some strategic flailing of the arms and crashing into a rail saved me from falling. Pride bruised a bit maybe....

The kids' tae kwon do school has a tournament this weekend. We can't attend but all the classes this week have been geared towards it aka lots and lots of sparring! Eion, to no one's surprise, is quite an attacker. He seems to lack variety in his moves but makes up for it in sheer tenacity.


Maggie is a surprisingly tough little fighter. She was paired up with a boy at the end of class yesterday for "Spar Wars" and she took him down. I can't tell you how much I wish I had taped it. Maggie did great and in the background was Eion, in full gear, hands above his head, jumping up and down cheering for his sister. It was the sweetest thing ever. 

The girls are gearing up for a Percy Jackson themed camp this weekend - major excitement! As for me, I'm just going to watch all the Hoarders I need to get the spring cleaning done.

No comments:

Post a Comment