Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Umm, I'm Pretty Sure I Know

So like most newly pregnant women, I rushed out and bought What to Expect When You Are Expecting. And I poured over it, reading every single bit, looking to be prepared for this unknown territory. Some things were helpful (though I can't think of any in retrospect,) some were not helpful (You mean I should eat only fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats? No kidding! I certainly couldn't manage that when I didn't feel like hurling every 10 minutes, I sure as hell can't do it now,) and some were just terrifying (mucus plug?!?!) But in general, it provided information on a topic about which I knew very little.

I found the ensuing What to Expect books (infants, toddlers etc.) to be increasingly less helpful and I stopped reading them.

Which brings us to the other day at the bookstore when I saw this:


I don't mean to be overly simplistic, but I'm pretty sure it's sex. 

2 comments:

  1. You made me snort my soup, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, me too. i love how the authors of that series are trying to revamp it with new pictures of women less homely and more modern. Remember them in their little jumpers staring at their babies in their rocking chairs? Geez, I remember that god awful book on What To Expect and all its advice. Gag me. So glad I'm not there anymore.

    ReplyDelete