Thursday, May 17, 2012

And on the Homeschooling Front

Not a whole heck of a lot of homeschooling got done today. Seeing as my tennis team had a bye week, this Thursday was meant to be productive. But I received a call from a Flight 3 team (read: better than me) from another club and they were going to have to forfeit unless they found a sub. I knew the gal who would be my partner for the day (don't worry Mary, I'm not leaving you) and how could I say no?

E and I arrived and I found out I not only knew my partner but both players on the opposing team. I fully expected to lose. But a funny thing happened. We won! [6-4, 5-7, 10-8]

Clearly, we had to fight to get that W but we pulled it out. My partner, Shelley, was great to play with. Maybe it was that I had no stake in the game at all: we were the underdogs, it wasn't my team and we weren't playing my Club, but I was feeling it. Probably feeling it a bit much as I tagged the opposing team a few times with overheads. Good news was the match was long enough they could see that my aim, in general, sucks, so hitting someone on purpose is really outside my skill set.

It was fun and felt pretty darn good to win when playing above my station.

About the only homeschooling that happened was "Art Class," used in the loosest sense of the word. I had a bottle of liquor that I needed to drop off as a gift. Finding myself lacking in gift bags, Eion generously offered to decorate the paper bag.

Art

In E's words: "They like beer right? I'll draw lots of beer with fireworks to show how excited they are about it." Nothing but class people.

No comments:

Post a Comment