Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Political Me

In this season of high election anxiety, when political clashes are all over the darn place, I have made a concerted effort to mostly stay quiet both in person and digitally. C'mon, stop laughing. I MEAN IT. Really, I'll post an occasional comment on someone else's political post on the facebook and I will happily engage with anyone who brings the matter up, but largely reined it in.

That being said, we're going quasi-political today, while largely non-controversial, with the very exciting news of me being part of The Independent's voter panel! What this means is that until the election, I will be asked for my reaction to various political happenings, such as the debates.

This is a dream come true.

I am going to get to run my mouth, about a topic in which I am very interested and it will be published for people to read. Game on.

The first column about the panel is an introduction to the panelists. Click through for my debut!

Not sure if they are running more pictures later. I sent in this:


and while I have substantial bias, I think it is way better than the guy's they posted. You know I'll update you when they have new articles from the panel.

As an aside, even though trying not to be to confrontational about politics, I did feel the need to sticker up my ride. I ordered a nice, clear sticker for my back windshield.


With a snark that is quite biting, Fiona let me know I may indeed be the most stealth Romney supporter ever. Hmmm, so I called up the company from which I ordered the sticker, explained the problem and CafePress.com sent me out a new one, this time with a white background, free of charge. Sadly, I still had some operator error and it ended up visible, but bubbly.


At which point I just gave up and got the magnetic one I should have ordered from the start. Go Romney/Ryan!



4 comments:

  1. I have been reading you for a long time. I just love your blog. You always hit the nail on the head. You need to write a book!! I think you tell it like it is and thank you for sharing. I look forward to your blog daily. GO ROMNEY/RYAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I decided to keep quiet for the most part also. Unless I'm asked of course - but no one asks me anything! I did have to open up my mouth yesterday when a friend mis-stated something Romney said - actually he didn't say it but a group of people in town are going around saying he did. Hope she gets the word out that they are wrong...

    I am waiting for my Romney/Ryan supplies to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I agree, I think you've been pretty restrained this year. Glad you'll have an outlet, as being restrained is not as much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad I found you blog. As a fellow conservative and Romney supporter, this post made me smile :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete