Saturday, October 27, 2012

Quoted

So it was brought to my attention that I have been noticeably quiet on ye old blog these days. Guilty as charged. Much of it comes from a quiet October. The kids are all doing great. On the most recent round of report cards, there was only one B among them. But "look, aren't my kids great" doesn't make for very interesting posts. I've spent an inordinate amount of time doing yoga, which is keeping me mobile and zen but is also not compelling reading. For all this, I suppose I am glad as it means my life is happy and drama free. But apologies to those who stop by, only to be irritated that I haven't posted again. I'll do what I can to remedy the situation.

All month long I participated in The Independent's voter panel, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Certainly, it made me watch more of the debates than I would have otherwise. By the last one, I don't think there was a single person in the nation that wasn't begging for the torture to end.

After the final debate, the reporter with whom I had been in contact said he was writing an article on ads being run in the swing states and asked if he could call me about the issue. I warned him that I really didn't watch tv much and endeavored to skip all the ads I could but he called anyway and we had a nice chat. He requested I violate my self imposed media blackout and watch a half hour of tv and document the political advertisements. I watched Good Morning America (which reminded me why I don't watch tv in the first place) and he included me in his article.

I did have to take a bit of an issue with the fact that it made it sound as though I watch GMA regularly but I can live with that. It was fun to feel like part of the whole election coverage process.

No comments:

Post a Comment