Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veterans' Day!

Eion's Boy Scout troop marched in the Veterans' Day parade downtown yesterday. The girls and I chose not to march with them and were just spectators.


You know, a bunch of boys, wielding sticks disguised as flags didn't seem like it was going to be my scene. And knowing their previous outings had been best described as Lord of the Fliesesque, we hung back. 


As they approached our viewing station, it became clear there was a front vanguard and back line in their formation. 


In between ran a wild pack of seven year olds, moving in erratic circles as the entire group made its way forward, occasionally slowing down in order to hurl candy at spectators.


I'm pretty sure I made the right decision when I sat this one out.

1 comment:

  1. The William Golding factor is why I didn't sign Jack up for scouts this year. He wasn't getting anything out of it, and a mother put him in time out at a meeting, so I figured his group was better off without him. He did like the pinewood derby car race, however!

    ReplyDelete