Friday, December 7, 2012

Times They Are A Changin'


Actual phone call this week.

Morrigan: Mom, I need you to pick me up after book club at 5:15 and Igotaskedoutonadate.
Me: What? I didn't catch that.
Morrigan: I got asked out on a date.
Me: What did you say?
Morrigan: I said maybe. I need to interrogate him and you should meet his foster parents.
Me: Well I don't know that we have to meet his parents. What do you mean "interrogate?" 
Morrigan: I need to ask him about where he lives, what he likes and what he wants to do with his life.
Me: So Morrigan, as a veteran dater who found the love of my life and has been successfully married for 17 years, I have some advice for you. That is called small talk. It is what one does on dates.
Morrigan: Well I need to make sure I'm not wasting my time here. 
Me: Whatever dude.



Actual interaction this week:

[I enter the house and see Eion at the computer with a screen filled with code.]
Me: Eion, what are you doing?
Eion: I need to change this [Minecraft] mod to night but I don't know what value to put here.
Me: Well I have no idea how to write code so you are on your own.
Eion: Oh look. I made it work. Now I need to change some other things.

So in short, my baby is getting asked out on dates. By boys. And my son is a budding hacker. There are no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment