Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday, Taking a Break

I really did just leave you all hanging there with the whole stolen identity thing, didn't I? Tim's been off work for a few days and while lots of walking and togetherness occurred, not much blogging got done. Well while the floors dry on the 1st floor of the house, let's play catch up!

Well Verizon Wireless, with whom I was not at all impressed, finally shut down the fraudulent accounts. They wouldn't deal with me until they spoke to Tim, in spite of having a copy of a Durable Power of Attorney in their hands, so we had to clear it up on his day off. We called them, waited on hold for about 45 minutes, and then had a conversation something like this....

Me: Hi, we are calling to shut down these accounts. They were opened using a stolen identity. I have a police report I can send you right now.
Customer Service Rep 1: Is Verizon Wireless specifically mentioned in the report?
Me: No. You didn't tell me on Saturday that it needed to be referenced.
CS1: You need to get a new report with this wording...
Me: (Cutting in.) I just paid $10 for it. We re on the phone telling you we didn't open this account. Why can't you close it?
CS1: You need to get a new...
Me: You need to get me your supervisor.

[time on hold]

CS2: How can I help you?
Me: Blah blah blah all that stuff about stolen id again.
CS2: You need to get a new police report with the wording...
Me: Nope. Let me tell you how this is going to work. I am going to send you this police report. You can either shut down the account or you can ignore us, but we are never, ever paying a dime for this account. From this point out, we will do nothing to help you in this matter. We don't borrow money. Ever. Consequently, we couldn't care less if this shows up on our credit report. WE are helping YOU minimize your losses.
CS2: Let's shut those accounts down today.
Me: Yes, let's.

With that managed, we could carry on with our week. [And yes, I got it all in writing from Verizon.]

Major excitement as we got a new stove!

Significantly less dank than its predecessor.

We don't have the option of gas so we went with an induction range. Truth be told, I haven't bothered to do much research, that's Tim's department, but it uses magnetism or something so the surface doesn't get very hot but the pans do. Stunning, I know.

Maggie's swim coach is clearly telling her all the right things.


She might be one of the happiest swimmers ever. We are only going twice a week but she wants to go more often. After yesterday's practice, she skipped over to tell me she had swum a 500 yard freestyle that day. Such a task doesn't make me smile but that's why she is my sunshine child.

Tuesday Maggie's school had the spaghetti dinner I co-chaired. I'm happy to report that I don't really have any good stories because it went off without a hitch! We had to make more bingo cards on-site because people wanted so many, but that is a problem I can handle.

My floors have dried, leaving me without an excuse to play at the computer so I am back to what you can see is a mega exciting life!

No comments:

Post a Comment