Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fun Day Was Approaching Fun

It was Fun Day at Crystal Spring and the minions were pumped! The fact that only Eion goes there mattered not a whit. I further tried to disincentivize them by letting them know any and all activities were to be paid for with their own money. No problem, they said. Maggie was so excited that she opted to leave in time for the Fun Run and walk the mile plus to school. 

Alrighty then. They are stoked.

The 4th grade crew.

By the time the rest of the family arrived, Maggie was in full Fun Day swing. She and her buddies were off and I barely saw them again.

Morrigan I saw more but mostly because she and her friends were regulars at the karaoke booth.

Middle schoolers.

This is really a change of heart for me, but Fun Day was pretty fun. The kids had fun, it cost me nothing, and I had lots of adult time. I really don't even have remarkable stories. They all found each other when they wanted to leave and all three were happy, a feat seldom accomplished.

My favorite stand of the day? Water pong.

Oh it is exactly like what you are thinking.

Yeppers, they were playing beer pong, minus the beer. No one can say those CSE parents don't have a sense of humor. 

So if you'll excuse me, it is the Kentucky Derby today and I hear a large hat, plus a mint julep, calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment