Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back From The Beach

We are smack dab in the middle of what the girls describe as two of their favorite weeks of the year: beach week and Harry Potter camp. We returned from the beach yesterday and furiously laundered their gear in preparation for embarking on a week of wizardry. Now that they are successfully at Trefoil Academy, I can catch up here!

The beach was lovely, as always. It was a bit bittersweet as it seems this may be the last year we can all swing it together. My niece will be headed to college next year and it doesn't look promising for the whole family to find a week together. But this year was great. We stayed here:


I tend to drive the rental selection and am notoriously picky - only on the beach and I want a private pool. The good news is everyone bends to my will!

And we certainly got in some pool time.



But also in the good news department, the pool was not as critical as in years past since all the kids loved the ocean, even Eion.


Eion spent at least an hour one afternoon crashing into the waves, insisting that I get photos of the moment of impact. Always the shutterbug and armed with my waterproof camera, I was happy to oblige.


The love of the ocean also interfered with my planned nightly photo sessions. After dinner, there was always a crew back in the water. But I did execute my photographic tyranny one night.



I just couldn't bring myself to stop walks, beach games and swimming for pictures. So much fun and passing by way too fast.






No comments:

Post a Comment