Friday, April 11, 2014

A Whole New World

Tonight was the premiere of the middle school's performance of Aladdin. I'm biased, truly, but it was great! Morrigan was, as we affectionately like to call her, Townsperson #13. She really wanted to be the Iago, but I assured her that the lesser roles can be fun too. Having been, way back in the day, everything from the Princess in the save the princess play to a behind the scenes person, I could let her know firsthand that she would have fun.


There have been weeks of seemingly endless practices and she's gone with a smile on her face everyday. It was great to see all the hard work produce a fun and high quality show. I certainly don't remember my middle school putting on anything like this!


In a fit of craftiness, I made Morrigan and her friend Mark's costumes. (He's the Sultan.)


In the program, they have a headshot of each of the kids and a little blurb they write. Morrigan's was as follows:


I have to admit, I was taken completely by surprise to find she was learning to breathe fire. I suppose we all need hobbies. 

But most importantly, it seemed like all the kids had a great time. And that's what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment