Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Goodbye Sweet Suburban. You Served Us Well.

After 13 years of faithful service, my beloved Suburban is gone. Up until the last six months, it was an excellent car. But recently, we were bleeding oil and money for repairs.


There she is as we said our goodbyes.

My goal had been to keep her until we had antique plates, but it was not to be. After the last round of repairs revealed thousands more just waiting for us, Eion and I went to the Ford dealership. [Author's note: Tim's brother works for Ford, allowing us a significant discount so they were really the only place we considered.] Seeing as I had no desire for a smaller car, the Expedition EL was also the only model in play. 

After a week or so of debate and hating the idea of spending money, we determined that it was a when, not if, situation and we would just have to suck it up. So here is my new baby!


See all the oil spots from the old car?

It was kind of funny how excited the kids were. I hadn't really considered that they were never alive, in the case of Eion, or forming long term memories when we purchased our last car, a 2005 Cadillac. [Tim's brother used to work for GM.] They were even more stoked to discover heated rear seats and all the other bells and whistles cars from this century have. Alternately, they were not nearly as excited about my new favorite station, The 80's on 8. Luckily for them, we only get six months free satellite radio and, in spite of dropping cash on this car, I am still far to cheap for such a subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment