Friday, June 6, 2014

Lazy Summer Days


I was checking in on my Blogger dashboard and realized I had not posted a thing this month. When I went looking for pictures, I further realized I had taken one, as seen above. But in spite of spotty documentation, summer has delightful. We've been blessed with great weather and most of the family has been enjoying a great deal of pool time. Morrigan, whose friends all seem to belong to other clubs and who is generally over the pool, has been spending more time at home. But she has been walking to friends' houses and happily completing any tasks I assign before we leave. I don't want her to spend the entire season a recluse, but it is nice not to have her sulking at the pool. Not that we don't want to be with her, but she's been much happier on her own.

Eion, on the other hand, would be happy to live at the pool. We've had to battle a bit as he is trying to consume 100% of his calories in hutch food. Some strong-arming dietary concerns aside, his summer is going great.

Next week is not nearly as laid back, the girls have keyboarding camp, for which I was called the meanest mother ever. Whatever. And the first swim meet of the season is on! I'm a little nervous about E as he has to swim 50 yards this year but I'm sure it will all go to plan. Hope your summer is off to a great start too!

No comments:

Post a Comment