Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Anniversary to Us and the Last Monday Swim Update!

Today is our 19th anniversary! As Tim so aptly said this morning, "Boy are we old!" In case the numbers don't prove that on their own, here is some photographic evidence of how young we used to be:


As neither of us thought to have Tim take the day off, he is at work and I will be taking the kids to the dentist. Good times!

With Maggie at camp next week, yesterday marked what might be the last of this summer's Monday swim meets. (There is one next week E can attend but seeing as it is all the way across town, I'm not making him go!)

The night was a roaring success by all accounts! My job went smoothly and mistake free. Morrigan helped out at clerk of course and was happy to earn a water bottle and lottery scratcher for her third volunteer night. (She won a dollar too!)

Eion and Maggie both swam the 50 free and 100IM. Maggie placed 5th gold in the 50 free and, her very favorite position, 1st silver in the 100IM. She came within 2 seconds of a year round swimmer on the 50 free and was delighted.




Eion was 2nd bronze in the 50 free. Sadly, he dq-ed as soon as he dove in for the 100IM. After the 1st 25 (butterfly,) I asked if he wanted to get out, but he just said "NO!," as if I were crazy and went on to finish his four minute race. 



When he got out of the water, he asked if his disqualified. I told him he had, at which point he paused, then asked if he could have a ring pop. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that he was able to shake the whole thing off and move on. He is a trooper!

I don't know about you, but I can't believe summer is almost half over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment