Tuesday, December 16, 2014

An A+ For Customer Service

So I've used Le Creuset pans for about forever. My Mom bought a bunch of them when we lived in Paris and they became a family favorite. When I got married, I registered for them. Fast forward 19+ years, and some of these pans are a little worse for wear. Don't get me wrong, they were used, a lot. They served us well.

But one of our favorites, a large dutch oven, was losing its enamel coating. We were balking at replacing it, mostly due to the fact that it was going to be $325. In the process of searching for a new pot, Tim came across the "lifetime guarantee" for Le Creuset. We called the company and they confirmed that if we mailed it to them, we would either get a replacement pan, at no charge, or if we were determined to have voided the warranty, a 75% off coupon. We figured it was a no lose situation.

It cost $25 in shipping. We honestly didn't feel confident we would get either option. Surely they had some way to weasel out if it. Simply too good to be true.

Imagine our surprise when a band spanking new dutch oven arrived yesterday.


They have earned a customer and cheerleader for life. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other 20 year old pans which could use replacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment