Friday, January 9, 2015

I Survived My MRI Without Having a Panic Attack

Having duly learned the lessons of last time's MRI, I made sure I entered the very loud tube with my eyes completely shut. With Fitz and the Tantrums on Pandora, I only had to endure 8 songs before being set free. And it made me feel better to know Tim was in the waiting room too.

I haven't seen the Orthopedic Surgeon yet, but some informal analysis indicates that I might be getting some spinal fusion in the near future. Granted, this will have to be after our spring break trip to Costa Rica, but there tends to be a long waiting list for my doctor so it is unlikely they would get me in before anyway.

There is a long recovery and it ranks among the last things I want to do, but we are fast approaching the what do we have to lose phase. used to be there was hope for a return to tennis. These days, I just want to sneeze without wincing.

My appointment is in a month and I'll know more then. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to read this. Hope you can avoid a fusion (unless that's what you really need.) On the plus side, it's an unusual pleasure to wake up from surgery in less pain than when you went in. My laminotomies were about 14 year ago (!!) and still feeling good. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete