Friday, March 13, 2015

It's Good to Have a Professional on Call

As soon as the girls were cast, I told the principal of the middle school I would be happy to help with costumes. So this week, she sent Ariel's mom my way. The costume had been purchased but the shirt needed to be longer and they wanted it to be more "fishy." I googled some ideas, thought about it, and did what any smart girl with a professional costumer for a brother would do, I texted him these pictures and asked for help.



He told me to make a peplum (don't worry, I had to google that one too) and sensing my confusion, sketched it out and sent me a text with instructions.


The end result was slightly less fancy than his design, you have to correct for talent, but all sparkly and fishy! And a reminder that I have the best brother ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment