Friday, May 6, 2016

Hello? Hello?

Is anyone there? Not that I would blame you for being gone. It's been a long dry spell and highly erratic before that. So let me explain....

First, I had a spinal fusion in October. That really took me out of commission for months. It was about a six month recovery. The first two months, I was almost always in bed. After that, I was out but sporting a stylish back brace. The next three months became increasingly better. And now I am recovered! The good/great news is that I seem to be a fully functional human again - I can even run and play tennis. I just walk around grinning all the time. But the downside was that spending months recovering is very dull blog fodder, even when I had enough energy to do so.

The other half of my prolonged absence was that old nagging feeling that if I continue to be as transparent as I like to be, it will negatively impact the kids. As they get older, broadcasting their troubles and trials, even when funny, can give mean kids material. And let's face it, there are lots of mean kids out there.

At the same time, there are a few faithful readers (ahem, family) who tell me they miss the updates and pictures of the kids. And some of these devoted viewers refuse to join the collective and get on the facebook where they might find more frequent updates. So here's the deal, I plan to post more often but, and it is a big but, for the first time in my life, I'm going to be a heavy editor. Which means it will look like I'm trying to portray my life as perfect. Only the good days and all acne will be photoshopped out.

If the updated style feels phony and you hate it, you won't hurt my feelings if you don't come back. If you do want to read the upside, just know that you can be sure there are bad days, my kids aren't perfect, and I am very aware of those facts.

So with no further ado, let me tell you about my brother coming to visit a few weeks back!


Dominick lives in Minneapolis. His company was recently bought out and he was forced to use or lose some vacation time, which he happily used on us. My parents were planning to come as well but unfortunately couldn't make it. 

We had a whole week and some great weather during which we went on several hikes and did a great deal of hanging out on the deck.






The week Dominick was here also happened to be the week of Maggie's play, The Lion King. She was delighted to have a professional help with her make up each night. Much better than Mom!


It was a great week, if a bit too fast. 

Check back in and I'll catch you up on all manner of McK excitement of the last six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment